Opting for a new CMS platform is exciting, however, website migration is a great challenge. For a successful migration to another CMS, it requires scoping documents, project deadlines, and certified resources. However, at the end of the process, a new CMS will power your online presence and increase demand for the years to come.
Being the final stage of the website perfecting puzzle, platform migrations should be done correctly to avoid any user experience nightmares. Before you initiate, you must know in-and-out of website migration and how does it impact your business goals.
Why Enterprises Switch to New CMS?
The process may be tricky but solve several issues like,
- Provides more centralized control over content along with better knowledge of management and sharing
- Fulfill additional requirements like detailed analytics, improved security, and record management for high performance and scalability
- Reorganize content and standardize their format for a unified look and feel of the website
- Simplify the complex upgrade paths and un-supported versions with newer CMS platforms
Let’s discuss the benefits of migrating to other efficient CMS Solutions –
1. Switching to Kentico CMS will create a Bigger Impact
If you are looking for a feature-rich, scalable CMS with great development support and budget is not a constraint then it is hard to beat Kentico content management system. One of the easiest CMS systems to use, it allows users to quickly make edits, updates and add dynamic content when and where required. Also, with Kentico, publishing data from one environment to next is easily accomplished using content staging. Top features of Kentico CMS are –
- With Kentico Open API, you can create own web parts, event handlers, and other extensions to achieve all your requirements of the website
- The Continuous Integration Module when combined with Source Control, gives you the ability to move development coding and make data changes automatically
- Built-in Integration Bus module in Kentico platforms allows easy integration with third-party systems
- Create better search experiences for your users by connecting the website content seamlessly with Azure Search Service
2. Migrating your HTML Website to WordPress
Did you know, there are 74,652,825 websites on WordPress and it accounts for nearly 18.9% of all websites. (Source: webhostingmedia.net)
WordPress is powerful yet open source content management system. It comprises of interactive widgets, smart plugins, database-driven extensions, extended installations, and API integration to drive the best business results. Website Development in WordPress is a cost-effective solution that offers a responsive design to assure that the website runs seamlessly on every device.
Following points will give you a deeper insight into why we should migrate to WordPress –
- Being a User-Friendly Platform, it eliminates the need of hiring a developer to make changes on your website which saves both time and money
- Professional Templates and an extensive range of WordPress Plugins are available to introduce additional functionality and exceptional design for your website
- It has an upper hand over HTML websites when it comes to Updates and Maintenance. With each update, extra features are added to make the websites more appealing
3. Witness Important Business Benefits of Migrating to Drupal 8
Drupal Development is the hardest, however, delivers exceptional customer services. It is mainly used for designing customized E-commerce websites as it is easy to customize attributes like features, operations, layouts, and even designs to meet client requirements. Another major advantage of Drupal is that it authorizes the developers to make changes even after deployment.
With the solid foundation of digital experiences, Drupal has been a smart choice but with the introduction of Drupal 8, it has really transformed the businesses think about their next-gen digital strategies. Some fundamental elements of Drupal 8 are –
- Authoring is the trademark of Drupal 8 thus delivers amazing user experiences at speed and scale
- With Flexible Content Delivery, Drupal becomes a powerful CMS platform that enables you to create and deliver content as a service to any channel, device or even the application
- Being the backbone of web content management, it enables easy Integrations with the best-of-breed digital technologies
4. Migrate to Joomla for a Hassle-Free Web Experience
Joomla is considered as a great option for mid-sized or start-up websites. Along with robust navigation and smooth functionality, Joomla has made significant improvements in security frameworks, multilingual compatibility, and new RSS feed to access instant updates.
- Editing in a standard CMS is easy, but Joomla makes it easier because of its powerful editors which are also fast and secure
- Menu Creation tool is another key factor of Joomla. With this, you can create hierarchical menus consisting of various menu items which point to distinct locations internally to the website as well as externally.
5. Explore New Prospects for your Online Store with Magento Migration
In the hard race to become e-commerce platform winner, Magento is holding the superior position. Magento offers varieties of CSS customizations options which are ready to use for a smart web design. Keeping up with mobile web design standards, Magento development offers advanced SEO-friendly solutions.
- Web stores using Magento 2 have faster load times and comes with full page caching and native support for Varnish HTTP Cache for swift performance
- New admin interface and features, the panel has a completely fresh look and easy navigation. Also, it can be customized as per specific user needs
Takeaway Point –
There are several Enterprise CMS Solutions, however, you need to make the choice on basis of your requirements. We agree, finding the right CMS platform may be a daunting task however a right and strategic approach to website migrations can make the process smooth and helpful. Migrating to the more efficient platform will help you in unlocking website optimization and customization capabilities to build your website.