Guide to Choose the Right CMS for your eCommerce Business in 2020
Known as one of the most rapidly changing industries, eCommerce is growing every year with the rise of new technologies. Research by Statista says that the global eCommerce sales, valued at $2.8 trillion in 2018 are set to double up to $4.8 trillion by 2021. If you are planning to set up a new business, searching for the right eCommerce platform can be a tough job with so many different options to consider. We all know that people today prefer the convenience of online shopping over any format. It is important for you to stand out of the competition by offering the best experience for your customers on the eCommerce website.
Most of the eCommerce solution providers are trying to move from traditional models to customer-centric & experience-driven models to help businesses accelerate their digital change & gain a positive business outlook. This post will help you find out everything you need to know about choosing the top CMS platform to use in 2020 and beyond.
Top Must-Have Features of Ecommerce CMS to Grow Your Business
From basic CMS solutions to advanced enterprise CMS platforms, the choices are many. Before consulting with the experts, check out the features you actually need to grow your online store, then evaluate the pros and cons of available CMSs. To get the right one for you, we have divided top CMS features in four major categories-
One of the most important factors that your online store to attain business growth is to generate traffic. Your website should appear in Google search to let your target customers find you. Some of the top SEO features are
- The ability of the CMS to automatically generate navigation links based on the products & preferences, guiding visitors to explore the website & help Google crawl your web pages for better search results.
- Good CMS should enable website managers to manually control the page URLs of their websites. Page URLs with more keywords help in improving the ranking of pages on search engines.
- Choose CMS that can automatically generate page title and meta description to save your time in adding elements manually for every single page.
- Another SEO related feature of CMS is an auto-generated XML sitemap that gets updated whenever a page is added to /removed from, the website.
Read Also : Major eCommerce Trends That Are Dominating
Engaging User Experience (UX)
No matter how good your products and services are, your business cannot be successful without turning your potential visitors into customers. It depends on what users see on your webpage – how engagingly offers are displayed, how easy & safe the payment system is.
- Your CMS should come with the flexibility to edit, design and manage content layout on all pages. With easy design tools, the CMS must give users a complete layout control without coding skills.
- Must offer effective inventory management capabilities to help in adding new products and updating existing ones without any hassle.
- Providing tailored experiences can be a beneficial step to drive success in your business. Your CMS should have offer product recommendations to enhance customer satisfaction, thereby improving sales.
- One quality of good CMS is the capability to optimize content throughout the checkout process to make it simple & easy to use. The complicated checkout process may disappoint users.
Analytics & Testing Support
With so many competitors vying for your customers, it is necessary to stand out in this era of the competitive digital market. Having the CMS that has analytics feature will help business owners attain customer insights and conversion trends to change/optimize strategies with time.
- To effectively analyze the performance of any specific page or the whole website, integrations with analytical tools like Google analytics can be helpful. This helps in creating report dashboards and actionable recommendations to understand customers better.
- Customers’ requirements may be different from one another! Find out what your target customers need by examining what works and what doesn’t work for your business through the A/B testing method. From the color of a single button to a text of the call-to-action on the checkout, the CMS you pick should have effective testing tools to help you optimize every element on your website.
Targeted Marketing & Sales
Another important thing to consider while choosing the CMS is to implement the right marketing and sales strategies to bring customers back to the website for repeat purchases. We have the top features that can help merchants sell better through their eCommerce websites-
- Email Marketing Automation is what you need to build and nurture increasing email lists of interested users by automatically sending them personalized email campaigns based on their behaviors & actions.
- Ensure that your CMS comes with a feature that can effectively handle customers’ requests and complaints with the help of support systems like call, email or live chat.
List of Best CMS Platforms for 2020 & Beyond
Kentico- Enterprise CMS Solution
Kentico is known as all-in-one CMS with the features of online marketing and eCommerce solutions eliminating the headache of dealing with multiple systems. This enterprise-ready CMS is not just good for developing high-end websites (both on-premises and in the cloud) but also helps in developing sites in half the time. Though Kentico CMS is a bit pricy as compared to other CMS options, it is worth the investment with its extensive set of features and the highest customization level! Avail the top services of Kentico CMS development in California and meet your business goals faster.
WordPress- Most Common Open Source CMS
WordPress CMS was earlier meant for blogging, making it a great option for managing content on heavy websites. As the most commonly used open-source CMS, it has a large user community with the presence of various themes, plugins, and widgets. WordPress is undoubtedly the easiest one to use with a friendly interface for customization, thousands of plugins and multiple choice of designs.
Magento – Customizable Open Source eCommerce
Known as the most customizable eCommerce platform, Magneto comes with a wide range of extensions & third-party integrations to provide exceptional customer shopping experiences. Used by big brands like Nike, HP, etc. this CMS solution has a free open source version with the need for extra development work to build a working website. The best thing about Magento is that it enables companies to pick their own hosting allowing them to choose the best server suitable for them.
Drupal – Scalable Open Source CMS
Drupal is another name listed among the best open source CMS solutions that offer a flexible custom post creation. With a high degree of control over your users and their permissions, this CMS can handle multilingual websites. Drupal is more secure & scalable than WordPress and Joomla making it a good option for enterprise and business websites. It is also known for offering public documentation, discussion boards, & chat mailing lists.
Be a part of the ever-evolving world of eCommerce by building your eCommerce business with the perfect CMS exclusively meant for your specific customer needs. Though every CMS has its own specialties and unique features that may vary from one another, identify your needs and find the best piece of CMS. Talk with the experts of the reliable eCommerce CMS development company that can help you plan, design, build and launch a successful digital store. Get started and see how we could possibly add value to your business goals.