How Our App Cost Calculator Works?
It all starts with an innovative concept. An idea can change the way how the target audience is interacting with your business. But most of these ideas fail due to lack of proper planning, unorganized budgets, and extended deadlines. To reach your business goal as planned, it is imperative to know mobile app development costs beforehand. Also, having a rough estimate in earlier stages not only helps in making up your mind for the investment required but also lets you do the necessary negotiations with mobile app development companies. Knowing its potential and witnessing the benefits to clients, Clavax came up with the most accurate and reliable app cost calculator tool. The app cost calculator helps you estimate the cost to develop your app within minutes. All you need to do is answer a few questions based on your requirements. Using our app cost estimation tool, you don’t need to disclose your idea to us until you are satisfied with the quotes. Client satisfaction is our #1 priority. The first step of our app cost calculator is deciding which is the best platform for your app. Choosing the right platform can help you reach your target audience faster. Apple iOS is a better choice to reach a more engaged user base, while Android has a broader reach. You can also choose both, depending upon the requirements of your business.
Mobile App Development Cost Breakdown
Below we have gathered a table of five factors that affect app development cost and time. More will be the development time, higher will be the cost. It will help you have a clear idea of how much budget is required to turn your business idea into reality.
1. Mobile App Platform (Native app vs Web App)
2. Mobile App Design (Custom vs Enterprise App Design)
Using an app cost calculator, you can take quotes of both the app designs. A custom app designer can surprisingly make your app look more polished and intuitive for its users. Customization allows you to enhance the functionality of the app and makes it easier for you to use premium features in your app. It takes almost 40 to 80 hours of development time, and the app building cost is higher than building with app templates. Enterprise or Professional app designs costlier as they take more time to build however, it is worth every penny. The most complex projects require expert professional design teams to create both UI and UX designs.
3. Security Level for Your Mobile App
Every reliable app development company ensures to choose a secure source code. The app development cost depends on what option you choose. The simple security measures take up to 12 to 18 hours of development. However, a higher level of security, where the mobile app development team creates encrypted containers to store data safely, takes up to 24-32 hours of development time.
4. Complexity of Features
The mobile app development companies majorly estimate the cost of your app based on the features and design complexity. The app development cost calculator calculates each feature cost as per the time taken to build these features. For instance
- Login 16 – 24 hrs
- Media 30 – 55 hrs
- UX -55 – 80 hrs
- Admin- 40 – 60 hrs
- Additional features (authentication, offline mode, and multi-language support) 20 – 40 hours per feature
5. Location of the Software Outsourcing Company
Finally, your technology partner’s location also affects app development costs. Outsourcing in Asian countries will help you save more, without compromising on quality.
Average cost of app development
Another easiest way to get an idea about how much to make an app for your business idea might cost is to look for
average cost of a mobile app as per different industry domains. For instance,
- The average price for restaurant app development costs around $3000 to $15,000, depending on the number of features you choose. Table reservations, location-based services, Integration with social media, and loyalty rewards are some of the must-have features.
- The cost to create a real estate mobile app varies from $16,000 to $45,000. User onboarding, Auction/ Listing services, filters/ advanced searched, mortgage calculators, maps, and push notifications are a few of the features that can take your business to a new level.
- If you are willing to build an educational app for kids with basic functionality and with a decent design, the cost lies from $1000 - $15000 (if the development happens in India). However, the budget can shoot up to $40,000 if developed in the USA. The range depends upon the expertise and experience of the company you are going to hire for your project.
Both app cost calculator and information about average cost industry domain-wise can help you determine the cost to create an app for your business. It is also crucial that you consider hourly rates of app developers as it varies from country to country. You can also use a mobile app development cost formula to get quick estimates if you all the information.
App Development Cost = (Features * Development Time) * Hourly Rate
You will be dealing with various variables at each step of the mobile app development process, including the discovery stage, design, development, testing, marketing, etc. The decisions you make at every step can affect the final cost of your mobile app.